Top of the Town Hall

RichardB

Do we have pictures taken from the top of the Town Hall Tower ? Has anyone ever seen any ? Is it possible to request a visit up there ? Surely a panorama from up there would be of interest.

Same applies to the ugly lump at the bottom of The Moor (I'll always know it as the MSC building, even though it hasn't been that for 20-odd years).

Same applies to the ugly lump at the bottom of The Moor (I'll always know it as the MSC building, even though it hasn't been that for 20-odd years).

In another thread I have referred to this building as the "Aztec Temple" which is what we always called it when it was first built. Itwas an eyesore then and still is but the MSC (Manpower Services Commision) was disliked because -

1) It blocked off the bottom of the Moor, which previously had been a road and not a pedestrian precinct

2) The MSC workers were all brought up from down south, which meant no jobs for local people (Manpower Services indeed!) and rampant inflation in Sheffield as all those rich southerners moving into the city forced up house prices, mainly in our posher, more up-market, western suburbs.

At one time MSC stood for "Moor Stops Cars".

Given the demolition work currently taken place at Moorfoot, when is this building finally going to be demolished?

... Given the demolition work currently taken place at Moorfoot, when is this building finally going to be demolished ?

That's what made me think about photos from up top. Surely this building occupies what should have become the replacement Markets - great chance to re-open the Moor to London Road route and to provide some interesting architecture ? Any imaginative artists or skilled picture-manipulators out there ?