Victorian Christmas Market

dunsbyowl1867

Have been to this before and well worth a visit !

http://www.simt.co.uk/events/index.html

Certainly is worth a visit Dunsbyowl.

We go most years and have always enjoyed it. It seems to pull in a quite a few people as a special Christmas event and it doesn't cost much, at £3 per adult that's as cheap as going into this excellent little museum on any other day of the year without the special attractions. They have the Victorian fair and the museum is open as usual, they even steam the River Don engine!

Here are some pictures of the event from 2003 to 2005. Note the museum was closed last year due to flooding.

Have been to this before and well worth a visit !

http://www.simt.co.uk/events/index.html

Just a reminder that this event is taking place this weekend

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend myself due to other commitments over the weekend but if anyone can get down there and take a few pictures or report back on what it was like here is the place to post.

Literally just got in from there, very disapointed i'm afraid. About 6 stalls selling modern plastic toys.

Thanks deansgirl,

My wife, MrsH, has been saying for the last few years that the Kelham Xmas market is not as good as it used to be and that the number and quality of stalls has deterirated and this was her main reason for not wanting to go this weekend.

In fact just across the road from Kelham Island (Alma street? I think?) on the same weekend acouple of places have locally made cutlery, knives, DIY tools, scissors, gardening tools for sale at very discounted prices with names like Richardsons and KutRight. From a "stalls" point of view these have been a bigger attraction for us than the ones attending the Kelham Island event.

My reason for not going this weekend. i'm a teacher and I've got a load of exams and reports to sort out before the end of term.