Greno Chase

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

I heard someone talking recently about the Greno Chase, and it was suggested that this event was revived a few years ago.

However, I am wondering if anyone has ever done any research into the early history of the Greno Chase, for I did once hear that a man had won the event three times on the trot (pardon the pun!) in the Victorian or Edwardian era.

I heard someone talking recently about the Greno Chase, and it was suggested that this event was revived a few years ago.

However, I am wondering if anyone has ever done any research into the early history of the Greno Chase, for I did once hear that a man had won the event three times on the trot (pardon the pun!) in the Victorian or Edwardian era.

The Old Harrow revived it a few years ago though I think it was cancelled this year. There would have been mention of it in the local newspapers at the time and the Grenoside history group will have some info on it.

http://www.natsam.co.uk/oldharrow/index.htm

Lyn

It says Jack Hardcastle won the Chase twice, but doesn't identify the exact years. However, I was told that someone way back won it three times and was given a special trophy --and, the last I heard, the idea was to give to the organisers.

Obviously a subject for some serious research by a local athletics historian!