Ramblings - Radio 4

dunsbyowl1867

Teks all sorts!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dx...ings_Sheffield/

Ramblings: Sheffield

Clare Balding joins a group of refugees and asylum seekers in Sheffield as they improve their English and discover more about their new homeland while walking with local residents through the city's many green spaces.

Broadcast on:BBC Radio 4, 3:00pm Friday 17th OctoberDuration:30 minutesAvailable until: 3:32pm Friday 24th OctoberCategories:

Factual, Travel

Teks all sorts!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dx...ings_Sheffield/

Ramblings: Sheffield

Clare Balding joins a group of refugees and asylum seekers in Sheffield as they improve their English and discover more about their new homeland while walking with local residents through the city's many green spaces.

Broadcast on:BBC Radio 4, 3:00pm Friday 17th OctoberDuration:30 minutesAvailable until: 3:32pm Friday 24th OctoberCategories:

Factual, Travel

I listened to this last Friday, and to be honest I was a bit disappointed. They walked from Hunter's Bar through the parks to Forge Dam, and the vast majority of the programme consisted of Claire Balding talking to the refugees/asylum seekers about where they were from, whu they left, how they got to the UK, how they were coping with the language etc. There was virtually nothing about Sheffield or the places they were walking through, unlike the rest of the series where they talk about the place etc. Even the Shepherd Wheel was mentioned simply as 'an old house by the stream just over a bridge'.

A shame as I enjoyed the rest of the series.