Sheffield dialect

Guest Gramps

I've been slowly transcribing this one at Wikisource, here.

Alternatively, you can also get a scan of the book at archive.org, here.

Jeremy

Many thanks Jeremy. That is one of my book-wrecks and I was thinking of scanning it myself in the near future. I thought I had better check Google books first and now it seems there are several other resources I need to check.

My two other major book-wrecks are Leader's Burgery Records and Ronksley's 'Survey and View' by Harrison. I have scanned both of these and have made some progress in transcribing the text of the Burgery Records but without any clear view of how to get the text into the public domain. Wikisource looks an ideal solution.

I'll have a look round the site a will contact you if I may, on any guidance I might need in using the facilities.

Many thanks Jeremy. That is one of my book-wrecks and I was thinking of scanning it myself in the near future. I thought I had better check Google books first and now it seems there are several other resources I need to check.

My two other major book-wrecks are Leader's Burgery Records and Ronksley's 'Survey and View' by Harrison. I have scanned both of these and have made some progress in transcribing the text of the Burgery Records but without any clear view of how to get the text into the public domain. Wikisource looks an ideal solution.

I'll have a look round the site a will contact you if I may, on any guidance I might need in using the facilities.

Google has a scan of Leader's burgery records (http://books.google.com/books?id=i5guAAAAMAAJ). I would be very interested in helping you to put the transcription on Wikisource.

Google look to have catalogued 'Survey and View' (http://books.google.com/books?id=FBmGGwAACAAJ), but without any scans (not that I can access anyway).

Google put some terms and conditions on the use of their scans, so if you have scans that you are prepared to give out freely we should find somewhere to host them.

Jeremy

If it's legal, we should look to hosting anything, we want to be better than anyone else. We may need more volunteers at transcribing/editing, but we should aim high.

If it's legal, we should look to hosting anything, we want to be better than anyone else. We may need more volunteers at transcribing/editing, but we should aim high.

In Britain copyright expires 70 years after the death of the author. S.O. Addy died in 1933, and R.E. Leader died in 1922 so all of their books are in the public domain and would be legal to host here.

Jeremy