Blands

Guest nevynd

Hello

Im stuck, and hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction.

I am trying to trace Henry John Bland, who married Rachel Hollins in April 1820 in Sheffield. He is registered in 1823 as a shoe maker, and then in 1843 as a chair maker. However that is all the information that I have about them. I have searched the archives in all the usual places, parish records for sheffield etc. but no trace. They are both listed as of this parish in 1820, however I cant find birth records or anything.

Can anyone give me a hint as to where to look next? Any hints would be good.

Hello

Im stuck, and hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction.

I am trying to trace Henry John Bland, who married Rachel Hollins in April 1820 in Sheffield. He is registered in 1823 as a shoe maker, and then in 1843 as a chair maker. However that is all the information that I have about them. I have searched the archives in all the usual places, parish records for sheffield etc. but no trace. They are both listed as of this parish in 1820, however I cant find birth records or anything.

Can anyone give me a hint as to where to look next? Any hints would be good.

hello.

Sorry that I can't help you with your question, but noticed the name Bland of which I have some distant relatives. I have a birth certificate for a Ann Bland born 1840 in Sheffield- fathers name James, mothers name Mary (formely Worrall). You are very welcome to it if it is of any use as I ordered it from GRO by mistake.

That would be great thanks, it may come in usesful if I can trace Henrys father, you never know there may be a direct connection. :)

That would be great thanks, it may come in usesful if I can trace Henrys father, you never know there may be a direct connection. :)

I don't know what the procedure is. Do i give you my email address so that you can give me your address for me to send you the certificate, or do i have to go through this web site?

Hi Lavick, would advise you to use the PM (private message) facility on this site. It's much better than posting your email address and ending up with lots of spam.

Laurence