Painting of Samuel Hague in Somme Barracks?

Guest Gillb

Guest ShellyB

A useful contact for anyone searching for information about Yorks & Lancaster regiment (found through information received here, thanks everyone!) is that the Regimental museum in Rotherham have a contact email for information about records etc - karl.noble@rotherham.gov.uk - there is a 6 to 12 week wait as enquiries are dealt with in order of receipt.

Hope that's useful to someone else,

Gill

PS Bayleaf - when I said "that's a positive negative as I know the story isnt true!" - I meant to say that at least Now I know its not true - and my mum hadnt heard this story either so probably a case of chinese (family) whispers!!

Hi Gill,

May I ask your mothers name? My Nanna, Maiden Name Norma Scholey (sadly passed away 3 years ago) descended from this family!!! (Hague's, Knapton's and Scholey's?) Know a few family stories (albeit snippets!) I could share with you, including the girls Elvina and Sophia! I was only in Sheffield last weekend (coincidently the anniversary of my Nanna's death) and I had goosebumps the whole time...it made me get out my old family history box from 12 years ago and look at things again, hence me finding this great site!

I look forward to hearing from you

Shelly

Shelly