Wilshaw - 144-148 Club Garden Road

Guest ianw

I am looking for material on Wilshaws , upholsterers, cabinet makers , undertakers situated at 144-148 Club Garden Road , prior to the flats being built.

If any one has any memories or memorabilia relating to these premises /the family I would be please to hear from them.

Thanks.

John WILSHAW Cabinet makers, undertakers, upholsterers & general house furnishers, furni 144, 146 &148 Club Garden Road White's 1911

Harry WILSHAW Cabinet maker (Wilshaw John & Son) 144 Club Garden Road White's 1911

Harry WILSHAW Cabinet maker (Wilshaw John & Son) h. 71 Brook Road White's 1919

John WILSHAW (& Son) general house furnishers 144, 146 & 148 Club Garden Road White's 1919

Ernest L WILSHAW Upholsterer 144 Club Garden Road White's 1919

John WILSHAW (& Son) general house furnishers 144, 146 & 148 Club Garden Road Kelly's 1925

Ernest L WILSHAW Upholsterer 144 Club Garden Road Kelly's 1925

Go here : http://www.sheffieldrecordsonline.org.uk/

Good Luck, Welcome and all that stuff he he

Guest plain talker

I am looking for material on Wilshaws , upholsterers, cabinet makers , undertakers situated at 144-148 Club Garden Road , prior to the flats being built.

If any one has any memories or memorabilia relating to these premises /the family I would be please to hear from them.

Thanks.

The premises would have been pretty much opposite the top of Hobart Street, behind what is now Sure Start.

(I live nearby, and my curiosity got the better of me, so I tried to calculate approximately where it would have been.)

The original houses on the evens-side that are still standing, finish at number 106. The terraced houses' numbering doesn't go any higher.

The rest of the "evens" houses, right up to the junction with Sharrow Lane, were all demolished. (and the flats were built on the site)