Tinsley Marshling Yard

Guest bus man

Just watched it....the shot inside the tower was great.

It so sad to see the tower in the state it in at the moment....I hope that they do something with it, not just knock it down.

Guest Killamarsh GC

The tower is to be demolished, the only reason it was still standing was because of electrical equipment in the building that was still in use. This has all now been transferred to a new building.

The tower is to be demolished, the only reason it was still standing was because of electrical equipment in the building that was still in use. This has all now been transferred to a new building.

Been to look but sadly video has now been "removed by owner"

Guest Killamarsh GC

Some pics I took whilst at work before the major building work started on the new warehouses. Also inc a pic of Tinsley Yard box, the signalman on duty here no longer actually sees the trains he controls and must qualify as one of the most boring signalling jobs in the area!!

Guest stormy

Anybody interested in Tinsley should have a look at these four excellent videos (they're not mine!) They take a look at Tinsley past, present and indeed future, looking towards the SIRFT development.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b0Idml9mSs...&playnext=1 (its a playlist)

Incedentally does anyone know if SIRFT is in use yet? The building has been finished for a long time, and EWS officially opened the sidings early last year but last I heard they were unoccupied.

I found the 4 videos fascinating. I recall the Tinsley and Grimesthorpe yards being built - sad they should have gone in such a short time.

Thanks for posting them,

John

I found the 4 videos fascinating. I recall the Tinsley and Grimesthorpe yards being built - sad they should have gone in such a short time.

Thanks for posting them,

John

Just found this photo, taken 6/3/86.

What great videos, I remember seeing the yards from a distance as a kid in the seventies but never new how they worked, thanks for posting.

Guest bus man

Tinlsey marshling yard the hump looking down the yard with the loco shed behind you and the control tower directly in front of you (aprox)

Shot taken on Friday 6th August 2009