The start of Sheffield Transport

Guest skeets

Guest tsavo

An amazing picture, Skeets, do you know what year this was taken? What's the story about your father, was he the driver, or did he own the coach....? Tell us more please.

Excellent picture, Thanks for sharing.

Tinker's :

Charles Tinker, Boot & shoe maker, 16 & 18 High Street (Kelly's 1893)

Does that fit in at all with your age/your Father's age ?

Guest skeets

g] My Father holding the reins.

Hi Tsavo The man sat at his side is the official driver but he let him hold the reins to be photographed he actually was the conductor he was 17 yrs old this the info given to me by my late aunt , the prop; of the servie was Joseph Tomlinson ltd ihave apic of his father in a similar pi; but as l have just told Richard im having trouble uploading it seems to be hit and miss Skeets PS this is 1900 Correction this service was run by Reuben Thomson lgot it mixed up with the other firm , he worked for them both ,in about 1912 he drove a mecedes benz taxicab for reubens and used to say at that time there was only about 12 private cars in Sheff; skeets

Guest tsavo

Now that's what I call history. I assume it's the same J, Tomlinson who provided funeral services and wedding cars in Sheffield?

Please pm me if you want info on posting photo's. The most common problem seems to be trying to upload pictures that are over the 2Mb limit.

Please pm me if you want info on posting photo's. The most common problem seems to be trying to upload pictures that are over the 2Mb limit.

If you've scanned it and have trouble posting either speak to Tsavo or email it/them to me

Richard.Brant@Amec.com

We've a very robust anti-virus system and infinite disk space. We'd rather have "stuff" posted than not.