Sheffield Main Rivers.

syrup

Thanks syrup,

Quote: from the link ..

Reporting litter and other debris that you see in or along the banks of these main rivers will ensure that they are dealt with as part of the clearance programme. We hope to have most of the work completed by the end of September./ end Qt .. uhh September. ? .

'September' of What year would that be then .. September of 2020 perhaps .. lol

That's an old IT trick, Ready by Tuesday/May whenever - never state which Tuesday or which May or indeed which May - stood me in good stead for the last 25 years - remember an IT minute is approximately 37 minutes long; an IT month between two weeks and four years two months and 22 seconds.

Reminds me of dealings I had with the programmers in the Council IT dept some years ago (before privatisation. ) There was some discussion about whether a job would be completed on time, and we got the reply "We always deliver on time. Your problem is to remember what it was we promised to deliver"!

I did sympathise with a cartoon they had on the wall though, of an irate manager standing over a harassed programmer shouting "Of course I want it today. If I wanted it tomorrow I'd ask for it tomorrow!"