William Kilner in Ecclesfield

Guest nancyvarney

Guest nancyvarney

I am looking for information on any family member of William Kilner, b. abt 1806 in Wortley, So Yorkshire. He married Mary Johnson on Oct 22, 1832. She was the daughter of George Johnson and Rhoda Steel. She is supposed to be buried Feb 12, 1865 at St Johns, Chappeltown. Their children were :

1)James, b. abt 1833 and married a widow, Sarah Binks:

2)Sarah Ann, b. 1836 and marreid William Whittington in Sheffield in 1860;

3)Rhoda Ann, b. abt 1840 and married Charles Whittington in Sheffield in 1860;

4)Harry/Henry b abt 1843 and married Agnes ______;

5)Anna/Emelia/Amelia, b. abt 1845. either died at 16, Sept 3, 1861 and buried at St. John, Chappeltown or married _______ Copley;

6)and my great grandfather, William, b. 1847 or Feb 1849, who immigrated to America abt 1871 and married Harriet Simpson.

The family lived in High Green, Ecclesfield on the 1841, 1851 and 1861 census. They ran a tavern/inn in 1851. Son James was running it by 1861, listed as White Hart Inn.

James and his family seemed to stay in High Green. Sarah Ann lived in Brightside Bierlow after marrying William Whittington, Rhoda Ann lived in High Green after marrying Charles Whittington, Harry/Henry lived in Brightside Bierlow after marrying Agnes, conflicting information found about Anna/Emelia/Amelia (either died at 16 or married _____ Copley), and William Jr. was in Mercer Co, Pennsylvania when he married Harriet Simpson.

Most all of my information comes from censuses. I can't seem to find many other types of records for this family. I have censuses for all of their children and some grandchildren up to 1901. They all seemed to stay in the Ecclesfield or Brightside Bierlow area.

Other names from marriages are Lizzie Dickenson, William Palfreyman, Frederick Frith, James Constantine, Eliza Furniss, Florence Darley, Walter Briggs, Hannah Maria Beet, Kate Elizabeth Dickenson, John W. Rhodes, Henry Coward, and Mark Davy…all married between the mid and late 1800s.

Any information on this family would be welcome.

Guest SapperTaylor

I am looking for information on any family member of William Kilner, b. abt 1806 in Wortley, So Yorkshire. He married Mary Johnson on Oct 22, 1832. She was the daughter of George Johnson and Rhoda Steel. She is supposed to be buried Feb 12, 1865 at St Johns, Chappeltown. Their children were :

1)James, b. abt 1833 and married a widow, Sarah Binks:

2)Sarah Ann, b. 1836 and marreid William Whittington in Sheffield in 1860;

3)Rhoda Ann, b. abt 1840 and married Charles Whittington in Sheffield in 1860;

4)Harry/Henry b abt 1843 and married Agnes ______;

5)Anna/Emelia/Amelia, b. abt 1845. either died at 16, Sept 3, 1861 and buried at St. John, Chappeltown or married _______ Copley;

6)and my great grandfather, William, b. 1847 or Feb 1849, who immigrated to America abt 1871 and married Harriet Simpson.

The family lived in High Green, Ecclesfield on the 1841, 1851 and 1861 census. They ran a tavern/inn in 1851. Son James was running it by 1861, listed as White Hart Inn.

James and his family seemed to stay in High Green. Sarah Ann lived in Brightside Bierlow after marrying William Whittington, Rhoda Ann lived in High Green after marrying Charles Whittington, Harry/Henry lived in Brightside Bierlow after marrying Agnes, conflicting information found about Anna/Emelia/Amelia (either died at 16 or married _____ Copley), and William Jr. was in Mercer Co, Pennsylvania when he married Harriet Simpson.

Most all of my information comes from censuses. I can't seem to find many other types of records for this family. I have censuses for all of their children and some grandchildren up to 1901. They all seemed to stay in the Ecclesfield or Brightside Bierlow area.

Other names from marriages are Lizzie Dickenson, William Palfreyman, Frederick Frith, James Constantine, Eliza Furniss, Florence Darley, Walter Briggs, Hannah Maria Beet, Kate Elizabeth Dickenson, John W. Rhodes, Henry Coward, and Mark Davy…all married between the mid and late 1800s.

Any information on this family would be welcome.

Who do you think you are recently featured the Kilner Jar family...the celeb doing the research was a Rotherham lad called Jezza Clarkson :blink: High Green used to be part of Rotherham. My mothers birth certificate shows Rotherham and she was born in High Green.

I'm sure a google search will turn up his agent who probably lives in the London area or you could try the program makers who may pass on a message.

See you on Top Gear in the reasonably priced car... lol

Cheers

Chris