Stainless steel

RichardB

The easy bit :

Of course Harry Brearley invented stainless stain, but, who also invented it at the same time ? (A Chemist from Indiana).

Who also invented it before Harry ? (Discuss)

The less easy bit :

Who was chosen to harden and grind the first production of stainless steel knife blades ?

The easy bit :

Of course Harry Brearley invented stainless stain, but, who also invented it at the same time ? (A Chemist from Indiana).

Who also invented it before Harry ? (Discuss)

The less easy bit :

Who was chosen to harden and grind the first production of stainless steel knife blades ?

Elwood Haynes was the American who claimed to have invented a stainless steel around the same time as Harry Brearley. There were also reports of the Germans and French working toward high chromium steels around the time too. I once read it was Mosleys who first, unsuccessfully, tried to grind stainless blades?

Elwood Haynes was the American who claimed to have invented a stainless steel around the same time as Harry Brearley. There were also reports of the Germans and French working toward high chromium steels around the time too.

I once read it was Mosleys who first, unsuccessfully, tried to grind stainless blades?

Excellent first part answers, spot on.

For the second part, I have not only a company name but also the name of the actual person selected to do the work