Location Map for Ditchingham Road

Guest blodge

Guest blodge

To All Members

I am trying to trace a Location Map (and photo) for Ditchingham Road. Does Ditchingham Road still exist or has it been demolished and the area redeveloped. I am particularly interested in 48 Ditchingham Road.

I would welcome any assistance.

Regards

Blodge

Ditchingham Road crosses G1-G2 on the map

At 48 was Geo Wm Hodkinson crane driver in 1948 to 1968 by 1973 he's gone and a Philip Barton takes over.

Hi, came across Ditchingham Street? It's between Buckenham Street and Clun Street, Sheff: 4, on a 1988 map

And more recent ... FLASH EARTH

And welcome to the site, blodge

Guest blodge

Thanks to you all who were able to give me useful info. The info has been very helpful.

Neddy

Would you happen to know who occupied No 48 Ditchingham Road in 1943? Were these owner-occupied houses or what? Also do you know the date of your map?

SteveHB

Comparison between your 1988 Map and Flash Earth clearly shows that Ditchingham Road and immediate surrounding area has been redeveloped. Does anyone know roughly when?

RichardB

The photos are greatly appreciated – and so close.

The reason I am after info is according to my birth certificate, I was born in Sheffield’s City General Hospital in 1943 and my biological mother apparently ‘occupied’ No 48 Ditchingham Road at that time.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Again thanks to all and kind regards

Blodge

Welcome to the Site, Good Luck, please keep us posted with your progress. We are interested, we bring a variety of skills to such enquiries - some of them useful !

Thanks to you all who were able to give me useful info. The info has been very helpful.

Neddy

Would you happen to know who occupied No 48 Ditchingham Road in 1943? Were these owner-occupied houses or what? Also do you know the date of your map?

SteveHB

Comparison between your 1988 Map and Flash Earth clearly shows that Ditchingham Road and immediate surrounding area has been redeveloped. Does anyone know roughly when?

RichardB

The photos are greatly appreciated – and so close.

The reason I am after info is according to my birth certificate, I was born in Sheffield’s City General Hospital in 1943 and my biological mother apparently ‘occupied’ No 48 Ditchingham Road at that time.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Again thanks to all and kind regards

Blodge

Don't know who was at 48 in 1943, don't know if they had directories for the war years, you could enquire at the Library local studies, don't think there were electoral rolls for the war years either , 1925 it was James Taylor- spring smith.

The Map i think would be c1950's

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

Lily Bell's shop was at the corner of Ditchingham Road and Grimesthorpe Road. In the 1940s I often visited her shop with mt grandmother. The shop was opposite Tommy Thompson's pub, the Brunswick. I wonder if any of Mrs Bell's relatives are still in Sheffield, and whether anyone has a picture of Mrs Bell and/or her shop?