Hunters Hallamshire

RichardB

And already cheaper than the one on Ebay! I bought the CD a while ago and it's well worth the money. I suppose it depends on your interest. If you want the information it contains, then the CD is great. But there's really nothing like working with a real book!

You lot have no soul. When was the last time you picked up a book like this. I can imagine the smell from here. Like the archive basement at the library. You dont get that smell from a cdrom do you?

Sue lol

You lot have no soul. When was the last time you picked up a book like this. I can imagine the smell from here. Like the archive basement at the library. You dont get that smell from a cdrom do you?

Sue lol

I try not to sniff CDs, I do think I have soul though, those maps called to me. Now I just need a Sheffield resource to scan them/own them ... Archives, University ....

If I had the money etc etc

I take it all back. That is a lot of money, did you have to bid for long or was it all at the last minute?

Have you ever thought of starting up a library? At least I know it has gone to a good home. Thank you Richard. :)

I take it all back. That is a lot of money, did you have to bid for long or was it all at the last minute?

Have you ever thought of starting up a library? At least I know it has gone to a good home. Thank you Richard. :)

The I'm not bidding was for the wife's benefit.

As ever, he says with 7 purchases to his credit, it was a last minute tussle.

I do like the library idea, a listing of Sheffield "stuff" either to ask questions, or to borrow - borrower pays, handy for Sheffield residents though; I do have a lot of books ... must list 'em

I could not see that one pass even though I have the CD; not the Gatty version, I'd go to double that, but don't tell the Missis.

The I'm not bidding was for the wife's benefit.

As ever, he says with 7 purchases to his credit, it was a last minute tussle.

I do like the library idea, a listing of Sheffield "stuff" either to ask questions, or to borrow - borrower pays, handy for Sheffield residents though; I do have a lot of books ... must list 'em

I could not see that one pass even though I have the CD; not the Gatty version, I'd go to double that, but don't tell the Missis.

Sorry Richard but you can get a copy of the Gatty edition for £150 + P&P - not pristine but probably in better condition than the Ebay offering.

Lesson - always check ABE books before taking the plunge on Ebay

http://www.abebooks.com/

Sorry Richard but you can get a copy of the Gatty edition for £150 + P&P - not pristine but probably in better condition than the Ebay offering.

Lesson - always check ABE books before taking the plunge on Ebay

http://www.abebooks.com/

I currently see two copies $550 and $650, neither of which are the "real" Gatty version, that is 1873 or possibly 1875 and attracts top $ as far as I can tell.

Real enough for me, Thank you, ordered 2 minutes ago for my Birthday.

I've just forwarded this to Mrs B for her information ;-)

THE book has landed !!! I'm off to drop my evening meal and some red wine all over it now.

Isn't that what 2nd hand booksellers call 'Foxing'? he he