Waterhouse's in Sheffield, Australia and France

Guest Tanya

Guest Tanya

Hi thanks to all that have send great info through to me in my serach John H Waterhouse and His Family.

Because of this I have been able to update my search................

John Hodgson Waterhouse was born in 1831 in Middlesex but Moved to Ecclesall Bierlow, Sheffield. I have found him and his Family in the 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891 Census’s. He was a doctor at the Royal Hospital in Sheffield and he and his wife Lucy (maiden name Frith) had 6 Children – Lucy Blanche Born c1862, Laura Born c1875, Tinsley Born c1865, Bernard Born c1867, Rupert Born c1973 and Gertrude Born c1868.

Lucy Blanche died age 35 in Rotherham in the September Quarter of 1895

Rupert Waterhouse qualified at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital in 1897. In 1901 he moved to Bath became a physician at the Royal United Hospital and the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases and died in 1958.

In the 1901 census, John H Waterhouse age 70 and Lucy age 65 are living in Maltby, Yorkshire, and John died in Scarborough in the Sept quarter 1909

Our Challenge has come in

1 Tracking down John Hodgson Waterhouse down parents.

2 Information on Bernard, Tinsley (who is believed to have moved to France) Gertrude, and Laura

3 Tracking Down Waterhouse in Australia related to our Family.

4 Information on Tinsley Waterhouse who moved to France - Les Torrents, Valescure, St. Raphael, Var, France, and died on the 23rd February, 1944.

He was a retired Accountant

Any information, no matter how little or large, would be accepted with great gratitude.

Tanya

Hi Tanya

My brother served part of his engineering apprenticeship with a Jack Waterhouse at Vickers, River Don Works in Sheffield.

Jack later married to Kitty Mooney, I met him once when he had his own engineering business somewhere around the St Philips Road area.

I know this information is sparse but I hope it adds to your reseach.

Happy Days! PopT