Union Inn

RichardB

Union Inn, Leadenhall Market, 1862, Joseph Hoole

Leadenhall Market anyone ?

Leadenhall Market has confused me, Google only thinks there is one in London!!!!

1861 Census has a Joseph Hoole at the Union Inn Silver Street Head in Sheffield

Leadenhall Market has confused me, Google only thinks there is one in London!!!!

1861 Census has a Joseph Hoole at the Union Inn Silver Street Head in Sheffield

Hoole had the place on Silver Street Head in 1854, I don't currently have an 1861 listing, so, we've found him, from 1854-1862. Doesn't help with Leadenhall Market though :unsure::huh:

Thanks for taking the time to look !

Hoole had the place on Silver Street Head in 1854, I don't currently have an 1861 listing, so, we've found him, from 1854-1862. Doesn't help with Leadenhall Market though :unsure::huh:

Thanks for taking the time to look !

Given the fact he was on Silver st Head in 1861 census, I suspect Leadenhall Market is a Red Herring

Given the fact he was on Silver st Head in 1861 census, I suspect Leadenhall Market is a Red Herring

Transcribed as found, but, I won't let it give me sleepless nights; I had "Computer-Eyeball" at the time, didn't see him in 1854 ... lol

Actually I hide all columns other than one to the left and one to the right of the year I'm working on, the spreadsheet is rather wide ...

Transcribed as found, but, I won't let it give me sleepless nights; I had "Computer-Eyeball" at the time, didn't see him in 1854 ... lol

Actually I hide all columns other than one to the left and one to the right of the year I'm working on, the spreadsheet is rather wide ...

Our friend Joseph Hoole moved in later years

1871 Census Vine Hotel Hartshead

1881 Census Freemasons Arms Hartshead

looks like he died Q2 1886 in Sheffield

Our friend Joseph Hoole moved in later years

1871 Census Vine Hotel Hartshead

1881 Census Freemasons Arms Hartshead

looks like he died Q2 1886 in Sheffield

1871, I already had, Cheers !

1881, looks like you've scored a Goal there, I have him at Vine, Hartshead, but mine is Trade Directory, Census is much more believable.

So, why have you Scored a Goal ? It's a Pub missing an owner !!!!

So, 1881 Freemasons, Hartshead, 1881, Joseph Hoole "Come on Down !!!!"

Nice one ...

Of course <Cough> I would have spotted it sooner or later (Yeah, Right !!!!"). There is just the little matter of transcribing, 2,050 premises and just over 7,000 Publicans - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it !!!

Keep looking, keep cross-checking if you can; my mind is elsewhere, currently in 1911 though I do have 500+ pubs ready to post from 1862 ...

Many Thanks

"Head Like a Potato, Lips Like a Duck" my original preferred nickname ....