Happy Birthday Sheffield History (11th February 2007)

RichardB

Well, I noticed our Brave, Fearless and "King-Edward Headed" Leader Admin joined and presumably started this place on February 11th 2007. So, Happy Birthday SheffieldHistory, may we go from strength to strength.

What have been your personal highlights of the Site in the last year ?

Best Picture.

Most interesting link.

Favourite Thread, with reasons.

Best and most wonderful individual posting.

etc, etc.

<Sings> Happy Birthday to You,

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday Dear SheffieldHistory,

Happy Birthday to You

<Burp>

OoO, also Wish List, anything we can do to make the place better ?

On a specific note, any single piece of data you wish you could find that would change your life - I think most people here know my wish, Good Old George Arthur, as we enter year 27 searching for him, we keep our chins up and press those buttons with renewed energy (actually, it's getting on my wick now !)

Guest carlie167

OoO, also Wish List, anything we can do to make the place better ?

On a specific note, any single piece of data you wish you could find that would change your life - I think most people here know my wish, Good Old George Arthur, as we enter year 27 searching for him, we keep our chins up and press those buttons with renewed energy (actually, it's getting on my wick now !)

Happy birthday to the site. I will have a think about my favourite bits, but for now I have learned so much about my home city through the many interesting posts from fellow forummers.

I think the various pictures have to be one of the highlights, cos things change so fast it is so easy to forget the way Sheffield looked even quite recently :)

Crikey - is it that time already !!??

This site - thanks to the members - has become a fantastic resource for people like myself who find all this 'stuff' interesting and fascinating

If I could go back in time in Sheffield I'd go back to three times..

1) When the castle was there

2) The sixties (I'd go to watch the bands at the Mojo club)

3) 1988 - my best time in the city EVER !!

Crikey - is it that time already !!??

This site - thanks to the members - has become a fantastic resource for people like myself who find all this 'stuff' interesting and fascinating

If I could go back in time in Sheffield I'd go back to three times..

1) When the castle was there

2) The sixties (I'd go to watch the bands at the Mojo club)

3) 1988 - my best time in the city EVER !!

Do we need to know why lol Happy Birthday SH this first year has flown by.

Happy Birthday. Great to have been part of it. Heres to many more.

Can you believe 14,000 posts and nearly 2,000 members

Sue

One Year Already doesn't time fly when you are enjoying yourselves.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEFFIELDHISTORY DOT CO DOT UK.

HIP HIP HORAH

HIP HIP HORAH

HIP HIP HORAH

Guest salejackie

Happy Birthday- I would go back to the 50's and monthly visits to my grandparents as a child and ask all the questions I wish I had asked then!!!

Happy Birthday- I would go back to the 50's and monthly visits to my grandparents as a child and ask all the questions I wish I had asked then!!!

Since we appear to have missed this I propose 11th March as the new Sheffield History Birthday; happens to be mine also.

So 11th March, if you've ever appreciated a posting of mine, put something back into the site by posting an original Sheffield History memory; any topic, lets just have a day of lots of new posts.

Since we appear to have missed this I propose 11th March as the new Sheffield History Birthday; happens to be mine also.

So 11th March, if you've ever appreciated a posting of mine, put something back into the site by posting an original Sheffield History memory; any topic, lets just have a day of lots of new posts.

It should stay as 11 February which is the proper anniversary.

Some of us weren't asleep or drunk and did make suggestions about what to do for the second anniversary, see post #2 on link below

2nd Anniversary

However I must admit I was not aware of this thread and the suggestion to do "something special" for our 2nd birthday met with only a limited response, all from the usual dedicated SheffieldHistory heavy posters.

Evening of the great Sheffield flood. My great grandfather was an infant when the cottage they lived in on Holme Lane got flooded. The story goes that if it was not for the fact that the crib he was in was able to float I would not be here today. "My birthday March the 12th" .

Evening of the great Sheffield flood. My great grandfather was an infant when the cottage they lived in on Holme Lane got flooded. The story goes that if it was not for the fact that the crib he was in was able to float I would not be here today. "My bithday March the 12th" .

Looks like next week is set to be a good week for birthdays

10th March me

11th March Richardb

12th Waterside Echo

It should stay as 11 February which is the proper anniversary.

Some of us weren't asleep or drunk and did make suggestions about what to do for the second anniversary, see post #2 on link below

2nd Anniversary

However I must admit I was not aware of this thread and the suggestion to do "something special" for our 2nd birthday met with only a limited response, all from the usual dedicated SheffieldHistory heavy posters.

Any excuse to ask for more people to post something lol

Looks like next week is set to be a good week for birthdays

10th March me

11th March Richardb

12th Waterside Echo

...and by the end of the week their combined ages will be XXX years!

Says he, remembering that Stuart0742's wife once described sheffield history as "it's a bit like facebook for old men", but I think Stuart has since put her straight about that.

OK, another quiz (and I don't know the answer)

What will the combined ages of Stuart0742, RichardB and Waterside Echo be on the 13th March?

...and by the end of the week their combined ages will be XXX years!

Says he, remembering that Stuart0742's wife once described sheffield history as "it's a bit like facebook for old men", but I think Stuart has since put her straight about that.

OK, another quiz (and I don't know the answer)

What will the combined ages of Stuart0742, RichardB and Waterside Echo be on the 13th March?

I've just pulled a number out of the hat; 186 lol

I've just pulled a number out of the hat; 186 lol

Well to make this a fair quiz I think RichardB, Waterside Echo and Stuart0742 should PM each other re. their ages after their forthcoming birthdays, add them up and give the answer on or after March 13th.

It goes without saying that they cannot enter this one as they have "inside information"

As for my guess I think Ukelele lady could be pretty close to the mark! I know how old Stuart0742 is, I think RichardB is slightly younger but some of Waterside Echo's posts give the impression he is older, so I don't know, perhaps a total of 180 (or One Hundred and Eigtt-tehy as they say in the darts!)

Hang on a minute! This may be a VOID quiz

It suddenly occured to me that you could "cheat" by looking in members profiles at their ages and birthdays (not something I nomally do, unless you click on a member by mistake instead of their post).

From this I can quickly calculate that the sum of Stuart0742 and RichardB's ages will be exactly 100 by March 13th

However Waterside Echo has not declared his age or several other details and realising that he may not wish to disclose this information and, respecting his privacy, I hereby declare this contest VOID. After all this is Sheffield History, I respectable web site, not one in which members details are passed on to others for possible gain or other purposes. There is still such a thing as PRIVACY here.

Hang on a minute! This may be a VOID quiz

It suddenly occured to me that you could "cheat" by looking in members profiles at their ages and birthdays (not something I nomally do, unless you click on a member by mistake instead of their post).

From this I can quickly calculate that the sum of Stuart0742 and RichardB's ages will be exactly 100 by March 13th

However Waterside Echo has not declared his age or several other details and realising that he may not wish to disclose this information and, respecting his privacy, I hereby declare this contest VOID. After all this is Sheffield History, I respectable web site, not one in which members details are passed on to others for possible gain or other purposes. There is still such a thing as PRIVACY here.

If Waterside Echo is 86 Ukelele Lady wins lol Don't hold your breath

Forgot to wish all 3 of you (Stuart0742, RichardB and Waterside Echo) Happy Birthday for this week.

I am sure me and Stuart0742 will celebrate his birthday with a few FREE pints of ale provided courtesey of yet another pub quiz win last week.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone about age but you do get a mental picture when you read the memories

and letters. I myself must sound at least a hundred but I am for from it . :unsure:

On the night that this site was born, incidently my 42nd birthday I was sat in Butlers Balti House full of lager with my good wife and friends watching the demolition of my place of birth... Jessops hospital. Oh the irony lol

On the night that this site was born, incidently my 42nd birthday I was sat in Butlers Balti House full of lager with my good wife and friends watching the demolition of my place of birth... Jessops hospital. Oh the irony lol

On the night that this site was born, double birthdays in our family, my mum was 76 and my grandson was 9.

On the night that this site was born, double birthdays in our family, my mum was 76 and my grandson was 9.

Happy belated birthday to em both DaveH lol