Stocksbridge

Guest Ficklefinger

Guest Ficklefinger

I wonder if anyone has any information about the old parsonage that used to be at the top of Nanny Hill. It was demolished to make way for a neuro rehab hospital about ten years ago. I would be grateful for any info about who lived there or any photos. I am aware that British Steel used it for a while but I am not sure why. Any help appreciated.

Ficklefinger.

I wonder if anyone has any information about the old parsonage that used to be at the top of Nanny Hill. It was demolished to make way for a neuro rehab hospital about ten years ago. I would be grateful for any info about who lived there or any photos. I am aware that British Steel used it for a while but I am not sure why. Any help appreciated.

Ficklefinger.

I will add my two penny's worth, which is not a lot. I believe that British steel used it as a conference centre with accommodation, but this was in its latter years. For whom it was built I do not know, but if it was for the minister at St Matthias church he moved out in about 1955 and into a new house on Victoria Road opposite Gleeblands Road. If my memory serves me right that would have been Mr Wiseman. The names of all the ministers are in a roll call in the parish church.

Ficklefinger.

Ficklefinger and Dave W

Welcome to SheffieldHistory-thingie, hope you have fun and find some answers.

Our Thanks for the posting of Questions, Old-timers like Tsavo and me thrive on questions we haven't a chance of answering (sometimes we manage and take the Mickey outta each other); our Thanks also for Posting an Answer "Your answer is as good as anyones and may just give someone else the "nudge" they need in the right direction to come up with an alternative/"better" answer".

More questions, more answers - bring 'em on, we're useless here, but we do try hard !