My body is like a Temple

RichardB

Well more like a Temple, a row of shops, a garage and a Chinese takeaway actually he he

1821 list of Pubs, I find a new one, unusual name, I check it and check it again; even get the wifelette to checck it; yup

Opedeldoc House, Orchard Street, held by George Steer in 1821.

I decide to post it, as a new, Fab find. Then I think about it ....

now, if I could do crosswords without a word-length limit of 3 letters and the need for small cartoon-like picture clues, I'd have worked it out sooner. (You can cross check with the Sheffield Pubs list I posted).

Stale Mince-pe for the first correct reply (a little lateral thinking required, alcohol may help ...)

Opedeldoc is an old medicine especially for cattle. Apart from that reversed it comes out codle depo.....? No idea....if it's an anagram will let my other half have a go. Sorry Richard, as usual I'm confused.

Opedeldoc is an old medicine especially for cattle. Apart from that reversed it comes out codle depo.....? No idea....if it's an anagram will let my other half have a go. Sorry Richard, as usual I'm confused.

Meet you at the Cuddle Depot, for a pint of Opedeldoc and a pickled-egg lol

Your lateral-thinking answer may be better than mine, mine is local, very local, very, very local to the address given. Think George Steer also and where in the world he might be listed ...

Ok got that one. It disappeared in the 1833 listing to become The Tree Tons? How about this one from 1833? Benjemin Hartley, Earl Grey's Compass, 28 Orchard Street.

Ok got that one. It disappeared in the 1833 listing to become The Tree Tons? How about this one from 1833? Benjemin Hartley, Earl Grey's Compass, 28 Orchard Street.

Already had Compass, but, I've ammeneded the sheet to show Earl Grey's and also added Benjamin Hartley as running the place in 1833. Hartley also had the Mitre 27 Orchard Street in 1825 and 1828, odds on, same place.

Thanks