Time Capsules

syrup

One was burried when the Cutlers Hall was built........rumour has it that Richard has one under his shed.....maybe!

Is that a typo? ... and Should read 'Under His Bed' ... that seems more likely to me lol

They are usually behind the foundation stone, when demolishing the remnants of a church in Attercliffe we holed out the back of a foundation stone, it had a jar with a part newspaper and a list of names who were present, the mate who knocked out the hole was to scared to put his hand in, so I got the jar out and ran off down the road shouting 'it's full of sovereigns' needless to say he soon caught me up. He kept the paper and I kept the jar, unfortunately he chucked the paper, but I still have the jar.

In a drystone wall somewhere in the Porter Valley there's a time capsule. One of the farmers adds to it whenever anything of sufficient note happens.

Is that a typo? ... and Should read 'Under His Bed' ... that seems more likely to me lol

Maybe both are right.....if his bed's in the shed! Always knew his long suffering other half would take her revenge one day. lollol lol

So what do you do. Could anyone start a Time Capsule i.e SHEFFIELD HISTORY do you have to apply to some governing body? Has any member got a dry stone wall surrounding their estate or are you involved in a building project or know someone who is. And what would we put in the Capsule ??

So what do you do. Could anyone start a Time Capsule i.e SHEFFIELD HISTORY do you have to apply to some governing body? Has any member got a dry stone wall surrounding their estate or are you involved in a building project or know someone who is. And what would we put in the Capsule ??

A few Sheffield planners wouldn't go amiss.

Anyone can start a capsule. What the world is waiting to know though is if the BBC go ahead and sell the Television Centre, what will happen to the time capsule buried in the Blue Peter garden! :o

Anyone can start a capsule. What the world is waiting to know though is if the BBC go ahead and sell the Television Centre, what will happen to the time capsule buried in the Blue Peter garden!

They would probably get John Noakes to climb back to the top of Nelsons Column and stick it in his hat lol