Sign in to follow this  
Sheffield History

The Wicker

See what you mean about the drop down list being missing wayneybabes.

I wonder why?

It's not an adminstrator only tool, - every member should be able to embed video using this method.

As you say it may be the browser you are using. I use FireFox all the time for SH now as to use IE8 I have to keep altering the proxy settings, which works but is a little bit awkward.

I have Google Chrome installed so I will give it a try to see if I get the same missing drop down menu

This reply to my previous post has been posted using Google Chrome

I can confirm that Google Chrome works well and has the HTML drop down menu all present and correct.

So its not a browser issue with Google Chrome wayneybabes, - no idea what could be wrong at your end :blink:

This reply to my previous post has been posted using Google Chrome

I can confirm that Google Chrome works well and has the HTML drop down menu all present and correct.

So its not a browser issue with Google Chrome wayneybabes, - no idea what could be wrong at your end :blink:

This reply (remarkably) to the previous post has been posted using KodaChrome - track one from Paul Simon's 1973 album There Goes Rhymin' Simon.

Other highlights include Take Me to the Mardi Gras

and Loves me like a Rock

the song Was a Sunny Day" has an interesting reference to early rock and roll (Doo-*** really) in the line

"She called him Speedo but his Christian name was Mr. Earl"

which echos the chorus from the 1955 song from The Cadillacs "Speedo", with

"others call him Speedo but his real name is Mr. Earl",

their lead singer, Earl "Speedo" Carroll.

This album has no HTML, www or even any computer use except, just perhaps, as a large, but stylish mouse-mat. Alarmingly little to do with The Wicker either he he

Did I mention my love of "Doo-***" ?

See what you mean about the drop down list being missing wayneybabes.

I wonder why?

It's not an adminstrator only tool, - every member should be able to embed video using this method.

For some reason I think it is admin only. I don't remember seeing that menu until I became an admin.

Jeremy

For some reason I think it is admin only. I don't remember seeing that menu until I became an admin.

Jeremy

Just checked that out Jeremy and you are correct,

sorry to say but my previous post is misleading to wayneybabes and other members.

This reply (remarkably) to the previous post has been posted using KodaChrome - track one from Paul Simon's 1973 album There Goes Rhymin' Simon.

and Loves me like a Rock

the song Was a Sunny Day" has an interesting reference to early rock and roll (Doo-*** really) in the line

This album has no HTML, www or even any computer use except, just perhaps, as a large, but stylish mouse-mat. Alarmingly little to do with The Wicker either he he

Did I mention my love of "Doo-***" ?

sarcastic bugger lol

Just checked that out Jeremy and you are correct,

sorry to say but my previous post is misleading to wayneybabes and other members.

i knew i was right,

i knew it

i knew it

i knew it

and you blew it lol lol lol

due to working on the wicker, if anyone wants any photos taking, let me know and i'll see what i can do during a lunch break

and Loves me like a Rock

the song Was a Sunny Day" has an interesting reference to early rock and roll (Doo-wop really) in the line

Did I mention my love of "Doo-Wop" ?

Google Chrome Richard, a website browser. Not Kodachrome, the worlds top rated colour transparency film which can only be processed (in Britain at least) by Kodak and so is sold as a "process paid" film, -just shove it in a yellow and red envelope with a big K on it and post if off to Hemel Hempstead.

By the way if you have colour slides (kodachrome or other) you will need a slide and negative scanner in order to get them as jpg images for posting on Sheffield History.

i knew i was right,

i knew it

i knew it

i knew it

and you blew it lol lol lol

Sorry about that wayneybabes,

I am sure I had embedded videos before I was an administrator, - but probably not, - I did a lot with Stuart0742 and he probably did it for me as he has been an administrator for a lot longer.

He also knows a lot more about how the site features work and has ways of "doing things" that I am still learning.

It would be nice if all members could embed video as it is difficult to get video on the site and embedding seems much more direct and "in your face" than having to click on yet another link that takes you to an external site by opening another tab in your browser.

Google Chrome Richard, a website browser. Not Kodachrome, the worlds top rated colour transparency film which can only be processed (in Britain at least) by Kodak and so is sold as a "process paid" film, -just shove it in a yellow and red envelope with a big K on it and post if off to Hemel Hempstead.

By the way if you have colour slides (kodachrome or other) you will need a slide and negative scanner in order to get them as jpg images for posting on Sheffield History.

Sorry, meant CheetahChrome guitarist for The Dead Boys whose first album included "Sonic Reducer" not a bad track at all.

Don't go searching for him/them if offended by language, it was a Punk band.

The album "Young, Loud and Snotty" was not a spectacular success - Sonic Reducer was about it, really. He was probably rubbish as a search engine too !

<Just having a laffette Dave>

Sorry about that wayneybabes,

I am sure I had embedded videos before I was an administrator, - but probably not, - I did a lot with Stuart0742 and he probably did it for me as he has been an administrator for a lot longer.

He also knows a lot more about how the site features work and has ways of "doing things" that I am still learning.

It would be nice if all members could embed video as it is difficult to get video on the site and embedding seems much more direct and "in your face" than having to click on yet another link that takes you to an external site by opening another tab in your browser.

no problem and thanks for your help!!

a shot our the front of our building, first arch, taken 5 years ago

and our cladding

THE LARGEST TROPHY SHOWROOM IN ENGLAND it says

..and its built into one of the Wicker arches.

Now that's got to be a Sheffield claim to fame.

A few more details on our record breaking trophy showroom perhaps wayneybabes. ;-)

no problem and thanks for your help!!

How many parts are there to your Wicker floods footage wayneybabes?

I have embedded part #4 and SteveHB appears to have embedded part #6

If we know how many parts there are and where to find them on YouTube we could embed them for you in the correct running order.

How many parts are there to your Wicker floods footage wayneybabes?

I have embedded part #4 and SteveHB appears to have embedded part #6

If we know how many parts there are and where to find them on YouTube we could embed them for you in the correct running order.

there are six parts all numbered.

there is also a video of us cleaning out the shop the day after. just google sheffield trophy centre and you should find it

THE LARGEST TROPHY SHOWROOM IN ENGLAND it says

..and its built into one of the Wicker arches.

Now that's got to be a Sheffield claim to fame.

A few more details on our record breaking trophy showroom perhaps wayneybabes. ;-)

We moved in 5 1/2 years ago

The building is 3 floored. the bottom floor is the workshop where i do the engraving/mail order etc and my sister and i make all the trophies. the middle floor is just my dads office and the whole of the top floor is the showroom with shelves down both sides of the arch and down the bottom wall.

We have been informed that we have the biggest showroom by assorted delivery drivers who have been all around the country and havent seen one as big.

here are a set of photos i used on the website of our showroom

We moved in 5 1/2 years ago

The building is 3 floored. the bottom floor is the workshop where i do the engraving/mail order etc and my sister and i make all the trophies. the middle floor is just my dads office and the whole of the top floor is the showroom with shelves down both sides of the arch and down the bottom wall.

We have been informed that we have the biggest showroom by assorted delivery drivers who have been all around the country and havent seen one as big.

here are a set of photos i used on the website of our showroom

It also sounds from your description that it is a family business wayneybabes.

The biggest trophy showroom in England is in Sheffield and is run by a local family of Sheffielders then lol

Nice One ;-)

Sheffield Independent October 1848

and mention of good old Mr Shortridge

A thread about the Wicker Karate rooms and the factories on Sheldon Row has popped up on another forum I post on. Anyone on here have pictures or information, with the building of Derek Dooley Way and the redevolopment on the Wicker it's almost unrecognisable from when I was younger