Wild Family

Guest novice

Just to say that I am here and tracing my Family tree just in case anyone else is too...Wild's...based in and around Totley, Whiteley Woods, Broomhall Road, Portland Lane, Pitt Street.

I have Wilds in my tree but with mysterious gaps- what

happened to Joseph son of Emily of Pitt Street? I have a rogue Joseph I can't place.

Guest Ray Pullen

Hi everyone

I am trying to trace my 4th Great grandfather parents, His name is Samuel Wild 1806-1867 he married a Charlotte Heald in 1825 handsworth.

My grandfather Geoffery Wild has just pasted at the age of 98, his father was Horace who married Ida Mary Hunter. Horace brothers where alwyn howard, ronald, stanley and they all worked for Sheffield Steel.

There father was Mark henry who was a school teacher 1855-1895, his father Samuel Wild 1832-1911 Nether Hallam.

regards

Ray

Guest Michael Sam

Hi everyone

I am trying to trace my 4th Great grandfather parents, His name is Samuel Wild 1806-1867 he married a Charlotte Heald in 1825 handsworth.

My grandfather Geoffery Wild has just pasted at the age of 98, his father was Horace who married Ida Mary Hunter. Horace brothers where alwyn howard, ronald, stanley and they all worked for Sheffield Steel.

There father was Mark henry who was a school teacher 1855-1895, his father Samuel Wild 1832-1911 Nether Hallam.

regards

Ray

We are Wilds but hail from Manchester originally. The name is related to old Englsih for Wood and is quite strong in South pennines to Lancs and Yorks.

Dad and Mum Sam and Bessie died in Totley in the 1980s

I have 5 sons and 3 grandchildren in Sheffield

On 15/10/2009 at 14:47, Guest hellsbells said:

Hi,

I am researching my family tree and have connections to these addresses. Joseph Wild was a saw handle maker and lived in Broomhall Street in the 1851 census. By 1861 he was listed at Whiteley Wood Works. I believe he was married to Elizabeth South and they were married at the Parish Church in Rotherham in 1839. Joseph's father was also named Joseph and he was a millwright, born in Rotherham. Joseph and Elizabeth had a son John who married Lydia Dearman, who had a son Herbert Edward Wild, he married Sarah Ann Scott and they had a son, Joseph; he was my husband's grandfather.

I recognise all of these names and Joseph would have been my Grandfather's (Tom) brother