Maureen Birtles

RichardB

Guest tuney33

Maureen Birtle - sigh - now that's a blast from the past. Maureen herself taught me to drive - during dinner hour when I worked at the Halifax.

Took 3 goes I hasten to add...Norton test centre ... 1st time an old lady stepped out in front of me. EMERGENCY STOOOOPPPP! But I didn't know what to do then so --- I grumbled a bit under my breath, stuck it into 1st gear and swerved round her. Uhoh fail.

Round 2 - excitingly, Maureen took delivery of a brand new shiney B reg Micra an hour before she came to take me to my test. Was so having to concentrate on the new 'bite' level I forgot on numerous occasions to overdo the rearview mirror check. Uhoh fail.

Round 3 - 9th Jan 3.30pm - not only was it school chucking out time but SNOW had been steadily fluttering all day and falling properly since about 2.30. Roads weren't too bad but snowballs being launched from every angle gave new meaning to motoring hazards. Little ****s. Thought I'd blown it when instead of slowing to a snail's pace I decided to get the heck out of there asap - max speed limit time. But no -- PING!!! I'd passed. :)

She gave me invaluable advice that I have never forgotten and use regularly - quickest/fastest way to manouvre corners (when safe to do so obviously) ..... slow in/fast out --- accelerate accelerate when the front wheels reach the apex/brow/halfway round.

Wayyy heyyyyy