Philip Oakey

dunsbyowl1867

He is touring with internationally with The Human League in November/ December 2007

Links:

Not only that but I noticed the League were headlining, along with ABC, in Skegness when I was there a couple of weeks ago! Closely followed by a Neil Diamond impersonator.

• 1 year later...
Guest geoff k

I wasnt there but I heard that Phil slipped and fell badly running about on the wet stage, sending Susan into a fit of giggles.

yes he did fall over i was there when it happened,wasnt too bad coz he just got up straight away and carried on singing as though nothing had happened.

• 5 years later...
Paul Worrall

The Human League where absolutely brilliant at the City Hall on Wednesday 10 December. Well done and thank you; Philip, Joanne, Sue Ann and the whole crew. It was wonderful to see that great Sheffield venue rocking again!

Peace & Love, Wazzie Worrall.......

• 3 weeks later...
History dude

He was on a BBC Four documentary tonight about TOTP 1980. The girls too from Human League. He says that Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark pinched the style of music from them. But they said not.

He says he loved Top of the Pops and was so pleased to be on it. Even though the show was not considered to be cool at the time.

• 2 years later...