UFO's in Sheffield

Sheffield History

Has there ever been any well known reported sightings of UFO's in or around Sheffield?

Yes! In the early 2000s one was seen by a few people in the Killamarsh, Mosborough, Eckington area. I and my wife were travelling toward Eckington from the Marsh Lane area when ,on our left, we both spotted a low flying, almost shapeless, bright object which maintained our speed for the length of the Moss Valley then took off at an amazing speed.

I seem to recall that the Star carried a small piece on the sighting…quoting people in Killamarsh who around the same time of day had seen something similar.

Yes! My friends used to live at Fox Hill. It was probably be in the late 70s early 80s.

My friends husband was walking back from the local shop one night, when he saw a bright object appear that just hung still in the sky.

It suddenly moved very quickly, and 2 more joined it a bit further away, then they all shot off very fast.

He said the strangest thing was, there was NO noise. 

Again, the Newspaper did a report on the incident, as so many people rang the Police about the UFO's sightings.

I saw a MASSIVE black Triangle with tiny orange lights on the points back in the 90s when I lived in Eckington, it was completely silent and moved really slowly and wasnt very high and was going out towards Dronfield and the Peak District,Someone on another Forum said they saw the same thing in Hornsea on the Coast around the same time.