Greasy Spoon, Sutherland Street

RLongden

Anyone remember the name of the Caf’ / Greasy Spoon that was tucked under Norfolk Bridge, at the end of Sutherland Street? I’m assuming it would be open throughout the day to serve the workers in the nearby factories, but it also used to open in the evening, until the wee small hours, serving burgers, chips, bacon butties and all the trash that tastes great after a skinful of ale, up town on a night out! 😁👍

https://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s27976&pos=15&action=zoom&id=30710

Photo is 1983, so bang on period for me, as would be in my late teens. It was more of a Portakabin building, than bricks-and-mortar and there was a big car park out back. Similar to the layout today, but long before they messed about with all the roads and junctions around Norfolk Bridge  it’s like Wacky Races trying to get through there, these days! 🤣🤣🤣

Anyone else remember it, maybe even what it was called? It deffo was not the ‘Dubai Nights Shisha Lounge’ 😁

IMG_8009.jpeg

IMG_8011.jpeg

1 hour ago, huthwaite said:

I think it was JJ's

KERCHING!!!! The penny dropped….. Gee Gee’s! Thanks for that.

Gee Gee’s reputedly stood for ‘Greasy Gordon’s’ and was open 24/7 for fry-ups, burgers, bacon butties, you name it….

Thanks @huthwaite, I can stop wracking my memory banks now! 😆😆😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RLongden said:

KERCHING!!!! The penny dropped….. Gee Gee’s! Thanks for that.

Gee Gee’s reputedly stood for ‘Greasy Gordon’s’ and was open 24/7 for fry-ups, burgers, bacon butties, you name it….

Thanks @huthwaite, I can stop wracking my memory banks now! 😆😆😆

I like it. 😂

Not the food though. 

Almost correct🤣, if I  remember correctly it was next to a Pub called The Plumpers and on the opposite side there was another pub called The Albert.