The Quality of Sheffield

AnnB

• I'm not sure which forum to put this! I have a soft cover book (covers are in bad shape) produced by the Sheffield Chamber of Commerce and called "The Quality of Sheffield". It has a lot of Sheffield history up to 1932 and many, many pages of advertisements . There is one colour picture by Herbert J. Finn called Casting a Big Ingot. This is attached by gluing the top after printing. One of the ads is for razor blades has a small envelope which looks like it originally contained an actual razor blade. There is also a fold out map "Outline Plan of the City of Sheffield" . I think that it was produced to encourage businesses to establish in Sheffield and it seems to be from around 1933.  I wondered if anyone knew more about it. If you  have an interest in a particular business around that time I'm happy to look for it.

map.jpg

handbook page.jpg

quality of sheffield.jpg

Thank you. I didn't know if it was a regular publication or a special anniversary edition. I think this one is 1933 (interesting year) as one of the ads claims business history until that year. It's quite battered. Do you think Local Studies would be interested?

I'm sure they'd welcome the offer if they don't have it in the collection.