Hillsbro wine shop 1966 ?

Suzy

Does anyone remember a wine shop near the traffic lights at Hillsbro corner ?

I knew a guy there called Ian , it was new to Hillsbro in the mid 60s or thereabouts .Just retracing past local places .

thank you Suzy 

Can't help you with much Suzy.  I did some plumbing work at a Victoria Wine shop just up from Hillsborough Corner, I'm guessing early 70s. This YouTube video from a few years ago might trigger a few more memories.

Could it have been Graingers, at no.8 Middlewood Road?… photos below from 1977

https://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s27011&pos=25&action=zoom&id=29763

https://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s27010&pos=24&action=zoom&id=29762

Building is distinctive, so although street view is recent, it may ring a bell??? 😁

image.thumb.png.b0bb2d9e33a45c7d9bd0864c57f37daa.png

Thank you so much for jogging my memory . It was definitely Graingers Wines . I remember the day it opened., looking very modern compared to Victoria Wine, which was  at the bottom of Dykes Hall Road. I have a childhood friend  who’s mother used to clean at both Victoria wine and at Graingers.

We were having this decussion, which thanks to you is now solved. 
Hillsbro looks so different today.

It was always a very close knit community , everyone stood around chatting on street corners or near the shops,my mother would chat for hours on her regular shopping trips and as children we would have to be seen not heard . 🤫 Not like today's little angels , who rule the roost😱lol

thank you again RLongden 

Regards Suzy☀️