Silks Nightclub, Bank Street

Ponytail

Silks Nightclub, Bank Street looking towards Angel Street and Castle House. 19th June 1986.s23810.jpg.73889fb5e235439ae9ce70863c5403b6.jpgs23810

Did Silks become Cairo's? 

Was it originally the Cavendish? 

Certainly ‘The Cavendish’ at one time..also ‘Baileys’ though can’t now recall the order…at least be precise. Pushed,  Id say ‘Cavendish’ before it became ‘Baileys’…I certainly patronised both. I’m pretty sure some  big names there at one time … I must even  have seen em coming and going as I occupied an  office straight opposite the front doors in early ‘70s.
Visited at least one of  it’s successors though struggling with name….might have been ‘Silks’.

It apparently, sometimes, had some dodgy clientele ( apart from me) judging by what we sometimes had through the letterbox….!

Was definitely Cavendish first, then Baileys. We went to both, and our first date was at Cavendish - tried to get in to see Dave Allen but it was full that night so went again a couple of night later and got in. Can also recall seeing Long John Baldry and Roy Castle at different times too. I think after Bailey's, it became Cairo Jax, but not certain on that

• Like 1