FAIRIES

Heartshome

FAIRIES/FAERIES/GOBLINS/GNOMES etc:-

As children, we all knew books of Fairy Stories, watched Films of them, saw them on TV, probably had Pictures of them,

and maybe Dressed -up as them. But! have you ever thought how far back the Fairy Folk go? Apparently as far back as

humans were able to relate the stories. The information you can find from the hundreds of years of written accounts is

quite fascinating.

Sheffield has had a few reported, one place of which is the well known 'DEAD MANS LANE', said to have

been home to the Fairies in the 19th century, but mostly known for Evil sightings.

A most interesting read is by the PAGAN PATHWAYS SHEFFIELD, the title on their report is 

'Faeries Yesterday and Today'. I looked at a map of the 'most' reported sighting of Fairies,

York and the Yorkshire Moors comes top.

Regards Heartshome

• Like 1

In the 1960s I attended 'Fire Fairies' at Beck Road Methodist Chapel, Shiregreen, which was a younger club of the Girl's Brigade I believe.

Conversely though, as an occult-curious child that read many a folk tale, I remember running thrice around the church, widdershins, in order to summon the fae! ^_^

Illustration for “Childe Rowland” from Joseph Jacobs’s English Fairy Tales, 1895

Illustration for “Childe Rowland” from Joseph Jacobs’s English Fairy Tales, 1895.png

• Like 2

Interesting. A relative of mine, Ethel Seward, was a leading light with the GB down at Beck Road Meths ( which was demolished a while ago). My own daughter was a member of the Junior GB at Shiregreen Congs in the early 70s and I thought they were called Explorers……but an earlier name, I believe was Home Fire Girls.

Whatever, there was no faeri ring on Valentine Crescent!

• Like 1

On 19/11/2023 at 18:04, Heartshome said:

FAIRIES/FAERIES/GOBLINS/GNOMES etc:-

As children, we all knew books of Fairy Stories, watched Films of them, saw them on TV, probably had Pictures of them,

and maybe Dressed -up as them. But! have you ever thought how far back the Fairy Folk go? Apparently as far back as

humans were able to relate the stories. The information you can find from the hundreds of years of written accounts is

quite fascinating.

Sheffield has had a few reported, one place of which is the well known 'DEAD MANS LANE', said to have

been home to the Fairies in the 19th century, but mostly known for Evil sightings.

A most interesting read is by the PAGAN PATHWAYS SHEFFIELD, the title on their report is 

'Faeries Yesterday and Today'. I looked at a map of the 'most' reported sighting of Fairies,

York and the Yorkshire Moors comes top.

Regards Heartshome

Link : http://www.paganpathways-sheffield.co.uk/index.php?page=Faeries%2C+Yesterday+and+Today

• Like 1