Low Bradfield

Sheffield History

When the Sheffield Flood happened Low Bradfield was the first populated place to be hit by it 

But the villagers were ready for it as they’d known about damage to the dam for some time apparently 

Children ran to The Plough Inn for safety 

The video above is a gentle walk around the village to see what it’s like now

Spent many a sunny Saturday afternoon sitting on the village green, ice-cream cornet in hand watching the cricket

You give mention to the Council Office! It's also home to the Bradfield Archives, lots of information and records there if you're working on your family history and have ancestors connected to the Bradfield Area.

It was researching my family history and their connections to Bradfield that took me there in the first place.

Didn't know about the ice-cream shop opposite the Plough, I'll have to give that a try!

Lots of nostalgia looking back to the Bradfield of the 50s 60s era

Looks as though some people with money have moved in and very touristy . Can’t get over the number of cars parked on the roadways .

I remember being taken as a young child with parents we walked from Rivlin

Dad had a pint at The Plough and if lucky we were treated to a bus back ,didn’t see a car all day , just tractors , people walked everywhere then.Times long gone eh