Looking for help – Technical Difficulties with this site.

Unitedite Rereturns

Some of you will notice that my name very is similar to that of a previous poster on this site.

This is because I am indeed, one and the same individual.

The reason for this rebirth is very simply that my original user password no longer works. I know that this password is correct, because at my age, you tend to write these things down. I was unable to successfully reset that password using the support options available on the site.

However, when it came to making contact with the Site Administration in order to resolve this problem, I found that there is no easy means by which this can be done, other than by reregistering as a new user, (as you now see here). I did use the available 'contact us' options, but never got a response. I'm not even sure that they were ever received.

Can anyone therefore explain as to what the established protocols are, should a similar technical issue arise again, and there is another need to contact the Site Administration?

Over the years I have experienced a similar problem…Lysander is now in his third or fourth  rebirth!

20 hours ago, Lysanderix said:

Over the years I have experienced a similar problem…Lysander is now in his third or fourth  rebirth!

I am very sorry to learn that you have experienced similar difficulties, but I am not sure as to whether I am reassured by this, or not. Other than the fact that at least, it's not personal.

This is now my third resurrection, but it is fair to say, that I now use this site much less frequently than I did in former times.

On 28/05/2023 at 13:06, Unitedite Rereturns said:

Some of you will notice that my name very is similar to that of a previous poster on this site.

This is because I am indeed, one and the same individual.

The reason for this rebirth is very simply that my original user password no longer works. I know that this password is correct, because at my age, you tend to write these things down. I was unable to successfully reset that password using the support options available on the site.

However, when it came to making contact with the Site Administration in order to resolve this problem, I found that there is no easy means by which this can be done, other than by reregistering as a new user, (as you now see here). I did use the available 'contact us' options, but never got a response. I'm not even sure that they were ever received.

Can anyone therefore explain as to what the established protocols are, should a similar technical issue arise again, and there is another need to contact the Site Administration?

Hi there,
You simply need to log in with your email address for your original account rather than your username 👍🏻

So where is says username just pop your email address in there and it will work fine for you

On 09/06/2023 at 09:23, Sheffield History said:

Hi there,
You simply need to log in with your email address for your original account rather than your username 👍🏻

So where is says username just pop your email address in there and it will work fine for you

Did indeed try that on a number of occasions as it was a logical protocol to use.

Didn't work though.