Odd delay in getting on the site

History dude

Most times when I click the Sheffield History bookmark it takes me straight to the site. However sometimes there is a delay.  And during the delay I see messages about the progress. It's like that I being sent elsewhere, with clearly some ".com" sites coming up. One thing that comes up everytime is the "Google analytic" or words to that effect.  Any ideas what's happening? 

I just click on the "new content" email sent by Sheffield History, don't usually have a problem. 

20 hours ago, History dude said:

Most times when I click the Sheffield History bookmark it takes me straight to the site. However sometimes there is a delay.  And during the delay I see messages about the progress. It's like that I being sent elsewhere, with clearly some ".com" sites coming up. One thing that comes up everytime is the "Google analytic" or words to that effect.  Any ideas what's happening? 

Is your service provider Virgin media?

If so, I have also been experiencing intermittent delay's over the last few day's, not only with this site but also sites/speed loading in general

1 hour ago, History dude said:

I do get my broadband from Virgin.

Blame Virgin!

I kept thinking there was a problem with my PC or browser, the problem now appears to have been resolved.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 17-30-57 Enter your details.png

I don't think it's that as it has just happened again. It could be that I am using an older operating system, however I did look up the Google thing and it's suppose to speed up getting onto websites. But it hasn't gone down well in some countries especially in the European Union and some have banned it, especially France. I must confess that I am not really clued up with it. But it sounds like another of Google attempts to get information to which they shouldn't really get. A bit like Microsoft and Windows do. Otherwise why would it be banned?