BROWN STICK n LICK parcel tape

Heartshome

This old Brown parcel Tape was a nightmare to use. With the gum stuff on one side that you had to lick

to make it sticky. It tasted disgusting! (Those in business were lucky enough to have a wet sponge roller.)

It curled in as soon as it was wet, then you had to try and pull it straight to get it on the parcel.

Your fingers got all sticky, and inevitably! the tape broke and stuck to what ever it landed on!

So in the end you were in a right old mess. Used to try and use string when possible!! Regards Heartshome.

• Like 1

Or sticky back plastic as "Blue Peter" used to refer to it, no advertising products on the BBC. Took me years to realise we used it and called it Sellotape. The innocence of youth!

The brown version, parcel tape, I used to seal boxes when moving house didn't stay stuck and when pulled off the roll, smelt as bad as the glue used in the stick and lick version. 

I thought "Sticky back plastic" was used rather than the brand name "Fablon"? As for "Sellotape" I thoght the BP approved term was "sticky tape"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/03/2023 at 13:13, Heartshome said:

This old Brown parcel Tape was a nightmare to use. With the gum stuff on one side that you had to lick

to make it sticky. It tasted disgusting! (Those in business were lucky enough to have a wet sponge roller.)

It curled in as soon as it was wet, then you had to try and pull it straight to get it on the parcel.

Your fingers got all sticky, and inevitably! the tape broke and stuck to what ever it landed on!

So in the end you were in a right old mess. Used to try and use string when possible!! Regards Heartshome.

O.M.G. !!! Why did you have to remind us about this stuff? Tasted horrendous. I'm sure that it must have been coated in rendered horse hooves.

• Like 1