Daisy Walk, Netherthorpe

Arif

After doing a little family history, I found this wedding record from 1925. Harry lived at 7 court 3rd House and Edith lived nearby at 9 court, 1st house. I can't for the life of me find a map with this address on it. Can anyone please help? Many thanks, it's much appreciated

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 20.44.29.png

Road Works in Daisy Walk taken from the entrance to Court 9 (right) looking toward Upper Allen Street. Dated May 1913.

s14815.jpg.72985a0f53b0089a0602f8e9830f15b7.jpg

s14815

Sorry Arif, if only the photographer could have turned to the right, you'd have had a lovely view of Court 9.

https://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;u08671&pos=9&action=zoom&id=106626

• Like 1

Only a month or so after his marriage, Harry was a driver's mate on Albert Cooper's lorry being driven by Norman Wragg, at walking speed in Hanover street, just by Hodgson street.  He noticed a fast moving motorcycle combination a few yards behind them and Norman sounded his horn.  The outfit tried to pass them on the left, but crashed into the back of the lorry.

The passenger on the motorcyle, John Flower aged 62 of 26 Fir street, was thrown from the sidecar and hit his head, but died before the ambulance reached the Royal Hospital.  The sidecar driver, his next door neighbour, Lawrence Hobson,a hammer driver, of number 28, was seriously injured internally but survived after hospitalization,  Lawrence had been married only a little over a year.

Harry, living at 9/1 Daisy Walk, gave evidence at the inquest, which cleared the lorry driver of any blame.  The verdict was "Accidental death"

• Like 2

Absolutely blown away! Thank you all, I'm very grateful, trust me. As an aside, I never met Harry, my grandfather, he died just before I was born in 1955. My grandmother Edith though, his widow, lived to a ripe old age of 95. Many thanks once again