Another Sheffield location to identify

Brian Appleyard

One of Stanley Appleyard's photos (colourised).  Can anyone help with the location? The 'Thos. 'W Ward' sign to the right and the 'Bright???' name centre should help. Date is likely to be around 1906. Stanley was living at Manvers Road at the  time. A07-PG013-2C.jpg.8acf09f6c31be304cac68833cc673e2b.jpg   

26 minutes ago, Brian Appleyard said:

One of Stanley Appleyard's photos (colourised).  Can anyone help with the location? The 'Thos. 'W Ward' sign to the right and the 'Bright???' name centre should help. Date is likely to be around 1906. Stanley was living at Manvers Road at the  time. A07-PG013-2C.jpg.8acf09f6c31be304cac68833cc673e2b.jpg   

8D409AC4-5C3F-4A21-BDE7-1C01527011EA.jpeg

Langsett Road, 1905 directory

552, Yeardley Miss Clara, milliner

550, Brightmore Leonard, tobacocnist
548, Wood Charles A., draper  
546, Ward Thomas W. Ltd., coal merchants

Thank you for finding the location of Stanley's photo. Very pleased with that. I wasn't expecting somewhere so close to Manvers Road. Interestingly the map shows the Memorial Hall in Forbes Road almost directly opposite 550-546 Langsett Road. The Memorial Hall  is built on the site of the  Owlerton Parish Room and this has links to the recent Owlerton Church Choir post.   Stanley's links with either Leonard Brightmore or Charles A Wood are as yet unknown, but Stanley Appleyard's history in Sheffield is becoming clearer. 

• Like 1

This is a bit weird😲 My Grandfather was John William Appleyard and he was married to a Yeardley, just not the one in the 1905 directory.  My uncle is also called Brian Appleyard!