A mystery location

Hopman

It's not Crabtree Pond. Last time I was at Crabtree Pond, there were a lot of birds there. This location is near a lot of dead birds.

Is it on the Porter somewhere between Endcliffe Park and Forge Dam? I remember seeing something like that in that section of the Porter, near Whiteley Woods Road.

River Sheaf, looking from Tesco car park, over the river to the rear of the Tesco petrol station on Abbeydale Road?

F412F8F1-701F-48D6-80D5-F4E793B5C282.jpeg

By, that brings back memories.  For academic year 1965/6 I was at Carterknowle school and each day we walked down to the bus stop on Abbeydale Road and caught the 17 or 24 to either Millhouses or "The Terminus".  On occasion I lost my 2d fare and had to walk home along Abbeydale Road.  That wall seemed to go on FOR EVER.  Then I was in trouble for being back late!

On 01/03/2023 at 22:23, RLongden said:

River Sheaf, looking from Tesco car park, over the river to the rear of the Tesco petrol station on Abbeydale Road?

Bang on. Sorry, no prize only a round of applause.

30 minutes ago, Hopman said:

Bang on. Sorry, no prize only a round of applause.

Thanks! It was the ‘Tesco’ logo through the trees in the latest image that was the clue, otherwise it could have been anywhere. Then narrowing down the Tesco fuel stations in Sheffield adjacent to water. I need to seriously get out more! 😆😆😆………..

• Like 1