Toyne Family Tree (Tyne, Tine, Tin) and Toyne Street, Crookes

Jacdaw

Hi Everyone, I'm doing really well with my family tree and want to put some meat on the bones of it (is it ok to put it that way when I'm talking about dead people?😆). For at least the last 200 years the whole of the Toyne back catalogue has resided in the area encased by Crookes, Walkley, Hillsborough, Hillfoot, Neepseed, Silver St Head ...and than back up to Upperthorpe. So, it wouldn't surprise me if Toyne Street in Crookes was named after one of my ancestors. It would be fantastic if I could find out how it got it's name and what (if any) fine, upstanding community act could have warranted having a Street named after them? Does anyone have any information on this, or can point me in the right direction please? Actually, any additional information on the Toyne (Tyne, Tine) family, or any photos, documents, graves etc would be welcome. Hopefully I can reciprocate with any of my 'Family Collection of Odds and Sods', if required😊   

24 minutes ago, Jacdaw said:

Hi Everyone, I'm doing really well with my family tree and want to put some meat on the bones of it (is it ok to put it that way when I'm talking about dead people?😆). For at least the last 200 years the whole of the Toyne back catalogue has resided in the area encased by Crookes, Walkley, Hillsborough, Hillfoot, Neepseed, Silver St Head ...and than back up to Upperthorpe. So, it wouldn't surprise me if Toyne Street in Crookes was named after one of my ancestors. It would be fantastic if I could find out how it got it's name and what (if any) fine, upstanding community act could have warranted having a Street named after them? Does anyone have any information on this, or can point me in the right direction please? Actually, any additional information on the Toyne (Tyne, Tine) family, or any photos, documents, graves etc would be welcome. Hopefully I can reciprocate with any of my 'Family Collection of Odds and Sods', if required😊   

Just wanted to add, this is a rough area of where my Toyne crew have lived, worked and died for over 200 years so if anyone has anything they would like to share, I would be absolutely thrilled  

Toyne Family Residing and Working Area 1780 - 2022.jpg