STRANGE SHEFFIELD-book by David Clarke & Rob Wilson

Heartshome

The full title is STRANGE SHEFFIELD Legends, Folklore and Mysteries Of Hallamshire-Copyright 1987

My friend has leant me the book. It includes some sketches and old photographs, and is the most fascinating read.

Subjects include:-  ..... THE DRAGON OF WATLEY*ROBIN HOOD*TRADITIONS AND CUSTOMS* HAUNTED LOXLEY

ANCIENT ALIGNMENTS*SHEFFIELD SUBTERRANEA*GHOSTLORE of HALLAMSHIRE .....

The writeup on Robin Hood is particularly interesting, with evidence placing him for definite in Loxley.

Some things I had never heard of before, and found them most intriguing. If you get the chance to read it, I think

you would enjoy it. There were some for sale online.    Heartshome.

David Clarke is my cousin and you will see him quite often on the Discovery channel when there are programmes about British UFOs.

I did not even know about this book until a few years ago when clearing out the home of my father in law who had an old copy.

There are not many of them about as it was not mass produced.

The next surprise when reading it was finding out that my step father did the printing, Norman Gatley.

• Like 1

Nice one winco! Well knowing that! anyone in possession of one like my friend, has a real treasure.

It is so interesting to read about our lost traditions, and the local legends we didn't know about, and 

of course the ghostly tales etc:- well worth getting hold of a copy if one comes up on the selling sites.