Whit walk during the war

Guest markl

Guest markl

Further to my previous request for help, I have a couple of very specific queries. Did the Whit walk take place during the Second World War, I believe Whit Monday was 'called off' as a bank holiday by the government but did people still do the normal walks to the parks on the Sunday? Also, my Nannan was involved in something at her church called the May Dad show which was put on for about four nights by members of the Home Fire Girls. I know a little about the Home Fire Girls from what my mother has told me, but any additional information/memories would be welcomed. The main question is this, and it's a long shot, but from her diaries the 'May Day' show, which if it helps was held at Philadelphia Wesleyan Reform Church, was clearly held in June during 1940. Can anyone offer an explanation as to why this was? Did something maybe happen during May that meant it was postponed? My mother's pretty certain it wasn't normally in May and was, as it sounds, normally around May Day....any ideas?