1921 Census

History dude

As 2021 is a Census year (Adverts on TV already), that should mean that the 1921 one gets unlocked, presumably some time in April. Anyone heard anything about it yet?

To see it you will need a subscription to Find My Past which is the only site publishing it . Thay planned to publish January 1922 but apperently there may be a small delay. It will be some years before its on ancestry.

I have a subscription, but I have a fear that they will do a pay-per-view model at first like what happened with the '39 register.

I suppose the bulk of the delay is getting the transcription done - the census is of virtually no value without it being indexed.  I've no idea how long the transcription and quality control takes.

Quality control of transcriptions on fmp census often leaves a lot to be desired.  I (eventually) found the full set for a relative named Audley but he's transcribed incorrectly everytime, Audrey, Obley, Ordly being the usual variants. 
Another family group include a lady born in Haddington, Lincs, every transcription has her noted as born Haddingtonshire, Scotland, Lincolnshire. 

If there was a reward for submitting corrections I'd have free access for life