Heritage Networking event 25th February

duckweed

Hi folks,

Sorry this is short notice but had difficulty in getting a Free venue with adequate heating. It is less central too I'm afraid but no need to bring any refreshments because as a social club plenty to buy on premises.  

Our  venue is Crookes Social Club  Mulehouse Rd, Sheffield S10 1TD  on 25th February 7pm -9.30 pm. approximately. Please reply ASAP timewalkproject@gmail.com so I can get an idea of numbers. 

We have the conference on 16th April as you probably  know.   https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/making-history-for-a-successful-city-conference-tickets-21550334631 

We have had acknowledgement from the Council that there does need to be a Heritage strategy and I hope to see a councillor to push this home a bit further. They have also acknowledged there needs to be a Heritage Champion.

There are a lot of issues that could impact on us all. The possibility of Westminster over-ruling local planning decisions. Fracking  in areas that are near ancient monuments in wildlife reserves ancient woodlands or National park. Enforced sale of  Council land to housing developers. Possible building on Green Spaces. New development that involves demolition of 
historic buildings and pushing out small businesses. Flooding defences impacting on ancient weirs and waterways.

On the funding aspect more organisations seem to have been knocked back re applications for funding. Generally certain kinds of funding seem to have missed Yorkshire altogether. 

This is the point of networking making lines of communication, swapping experiences, forming partnerships and making a strong lobbying group, and  influencing decision making. Hopefully at the end of it increasing funding to Sheffield. Its as someone said last time we want to be in at the beginning of the decision not after its made,  standing outside  protesting.   

Joy Bullivant (Timewalk project coordinator)