Walk, Inner City

RichardB

Thanks Richard, I've printed off the brochure and set aside 2 days in July to do the walk. I estimate the walk alone will take at least 6 hours, not allowing for 'notes, photo's and sketches' let alone 'deviations from the given route to further explore the area'. I need some suggestions from SH members for an overnight stop, a nice pub or hotel where I can get a good meal and a quiet pint. Anywhere along the route will do so I can work out a start point for the walk. Any suggestions please?

Also are there any no-go areas along the route, places to avoid at certain times of the day? The last time I visited Sheffield (20 years ago) I asked my brother-in-law to take me to a certain part of Sheffield which I wanted to see. He said 'Yes but I'm not stopping the car' He meant he considered it too risky to stop and get out. Was he just paranoid or are there areas like that?

Hi THYLACINE. Though Sheffield is no worse than anywhere else these days, it would be advisable to have another person to accompany you. There are one or two areas on this walk that are quite secluded [my childhood haunts as it happens] and I would like to walk these again. I would be happy to do Whitam Road as far as Osgathorpe Road with you if circumstances permit, perhaps then someone else could take over. W/E.

There are several sections I'd have doubts about. Some because they're somewhat dodgy, and others that I wouldn't fancy unless you like walking along busy dual carriageways.

Interesting idea W/E. We could have a Thylacine relay event for charity!

That's a wonderful offer W/E and I would be chuffed to take you up on it. Perhaps I could send you a pm nearer the time?

That's a wonderful offer W/E and I would be chuffed to take you up on it. Perhaps I could send you a pm nearer the time?

Likewise! W/E.

Guest harestone

I could maybe accompany you from Corker Bottoms to City Rd. I live very close to Manor Castle too, so would be happy to assure your safety if you fancy mooching around there for a while. :)