100th Anniversay of ?

dunsbyowl1867

Passed by without a mention. 20th April 1907 Wednesday 2 -Everton 1 at Crystal Palace.

Passed by without a mention. 20th April 1907 Wednesday 2 -Everton 1 at Crystal Palace.

In the 1907 FA Cup final, it was the Wednesday’s turn to capture the silverware as they defeated Everton in the final getting revenge on the Toffeemen as they knocked them out in 1906 in a 4-3 thriller. It was an untidy match with Stewart opening the scoring for the Yorkshire club on 21 minutes. Everton equalized just before half time, however as the minutes ticked away, Simpson was left unmarked and nodded in a close range shot to score the winner and Wednesday won the FA cup.

From : http://www.sheffieldwednesdayyears.com/great%20goals/

Sheffield Wednesday

(Stewart, Simpson)

Lyall; Layton, Burton; Brittleton, Crawshaw. Bartlett; Chapman, Bradshaw, Wilson. Stewart, Simpson

Everton

Scott; Balmer (W.), Balmer (R.); Makepeace. Tailor. Abbott; Sharp, Bolton, Young, Settle, H. P. Hardman

(Sharp)

Referee: N. Whittaker

Attendance: 84,584 Crystal Palace Saturday 20th April

Well, let's add some more details ... (I've honestly never seen the original posting, must have been busy elsewhere !)

No doubt I've not done the pictures correctly, if the Picture Fairies need a better/different scan please email me, it's too big to post here.

Try getting into a ground wearing a hat like the one described/pictured with knives and scissors and stuff on it.