Storm Street

Guest janice844

Guest janice844

This is my first post, so I hope it's OK!

When I was little (about 40 years ago,) my Mum met an old lady while they were in the hospital together. We went to her house once, if I remember correctly it was a one up one down terrace with a 'back kitchen,' I'm sure it was called Storm Street and it was somewhere around Heeley. I lived away for many years and when I returned, the street had disappeared, when I investigated, I came accross the street in an old directory and it said Sheffield 8, so I have the area more or less right. I'd just like to see a map so I knew exactly where it was, the only maps I can find seem to be really old, sometimes I think I've imagined it!

This is my first post, so I hope it's OK!

Your posting is fine; welcome to you. Hope we can find some information for you, personally, I've never heard of Storm Street (and all my reference materials are at work), which makes your posting all the more interesting - enjoy this site :rolleyes:

I'd just like to see a map so I knew exactly where it was, the only maps I can find seem to be really old, sometimes I think I've imagined it!

Strange, I'm always moaning the maps aren't old enough !!!!

Guest tsavo

1925 dir has,

Storm Street-starting-79 Chippinghouse Road

This map of 1910 shows Chippinghouse Rd, but I can't spot Storm St.

Nearest I can get is the short stretch between Aizlewood Road-London Road

London Road

Margerison Street

Storm Street

Holdsworth Street

Aizlewood Road

Guest janice844

Found it!

So I wasn't going mad! And it was still on the map in 1988? I'm amazed such small houses were still standing then!

Thanks for all the help.

Strange, I'm always moaning the maps aren't old enough !!!!

A comment of mine which I have recently lived to regret; I'm getting "Map-Turners Armpit" ! Currently at map number 180, the "not looked at yet" pile is still bigger than the "looked at" pile.