Centenary Bus

Guest transit

An extra touch of authenticity would be to have properly painted, rather than stuck on, adverts on the side upper panels. A friend of our family, Alan Collins, used to paint these adverts on Sheffield buses. I don't suppose there would be much call for his skill nowadays.

alas no , the traditional signwriter advert skills have been superceded by computer vinyls for quite a while ! - although the buses are still usually hand painted like the above retros , but the linings , lettering and coats of arms ect are vinyl.

• 3 months later...

I noticed Hulleys have their buses in very similar colours to the old "cream and blues". Don't know how long they've been like that, but they obviously know a good colour scheme when they see it.

Peter Hall

Was first revealed at the Rotherham Depot Open Day on 10th May. I understand it has seen regular use since.

Guest transit

yes , First unveiled the SYPTE liveried Gemini at the Open Day to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the formation of SYPTE , albeit in the post 1980 revised fleetname and brown rear engine panel guise....

First South Yorkshire - Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini - 37524 (YN58 ETR)'' target='_blank'>First South Yorkshire - Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini - 37524 (YN58 ETR)>First South Yorkshire - Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini - 37524 (YN58 ETR)

The bus is currently in service on route 4/120 Mon- Fri , and 272 Sun.

• 1 month later...