pubs hollis croft

Guest iris

Guest iris

hi can anyone plese tell me if there was a pub at 11 hollis croft called nottingham arms, my aunty in law say thet what the pub was called run by my father in laws father arthur brookfield ,his first wife mary needham was killed by the dray horses as was his kids in 1913 ?his second wife edith owen who had 2 sons to died 1936 the same year his son george got married from 11 hollis croft ,my aunty keep changing her mind first she said holli croft pub, then royal oak, now nottingham arms ,it where the footprint facotory is now ,the sigh is still there but faded being his wife was killed by the horses maybe someone would remember iris old pub ,clubs

hi can anyone plese tell me if there was a pub at 11 hollis croft called nottingham arms, my aunty in law say thet what the pub was called run by my father in laws father arthur brookfield ,his first wife mary needham was killed by the dray horses as was his kids in 1913 ?his second wife edith owen who had 2 sons to died 1936 the same year his son george got married from 11 hollis croft ,my aunty keep changing her mind first she said holli croft pub, then royal oak, now nottingham arms ,it where the footprint facotory is now ,the sigh is still there but faded being his wife was killed by the horses maybe someone would remember iris old pub ,clubs

11 Hollis Croft was the Royal Oak.

11 Hollis Croft was the Royal Oak.

Meanwhile back in 1822 :

Royal Oak, Joseph Steer, 3 Hollis croft

this boozer appears to be making a break for it, up the hill !!!!

Meanwhile back in 1822 :

Royal Oak, Joseph Steer, 3 Hollis croft

this boozer appears to be making a break for it, up the hill !!!!

It's on a pub crawl.

Guest iris

it was 36 hollise croft when my father in law got married from there in 1936 ,name of pub royal ?oak?, nottingham arms, someone said it was bomb in the war , im to young to remember ?as anyone got any photos? pub landlord arthur brookfield, iris