coach and horses

Guest nosy nellie

Guest nosy nellie

I need help locating and finding any information about a public house that used to be on Langsett road.I have the address on a birth certificate and it was called The Coach And Horses.

The address was 264 Langsett Road this was in 1909.

Guest tsavo

I need help locating and finding any information about a public house that used to be on Langsett road.I have the address on a birth certificate and it was called The Coach And Horses.

The address was 264 Langsett Road this was in 1909.

Name: William Wilds Banks. 264 Landsett Rd: Beerhouse

From Kelly's Directory 1909.

Hope this helps. I had to click all the way through the Directory to the "Ls". Oh, to have had it on disk. Bet Richard has?

Guest nosy nellie

Hope this helps. I had to click all the way through the Directory to the "Ls". Oh, to have had it on disk. Bet Richard has?

Thank you Tsavo for taking the trouble to find this information for me,but it is still a mystery because on the birth certificate i have my grandmothers name is down as the beerhouse keeper at this address in this year unless it changed hands in the same year.

Guest tsavo

You could try a directory for, say 1910 as the directory may be a year behind events. Wish I'd thought of that last night. The fact that it's listed as a beerhouse and not under the Coach and Horses name may also be due to this. Try looking through the Sheffield Websites section for the Kelly's directories. Good hunting!

Sorry, don't have anything for 1909, however, it is listed as follows in 1893 :

264 Jones, John, beer retailer

no idea if that helps or hinders, but its there if you wanted to know that ....

William W Banks (47), born Gringley on the Hill, Notts

and his wife Charlotte (45), born Worksop

had the premises in 1901 (from Census), it was known as Coach Horses, he is listed as Publican, address 266-264 Langsett Road.

Children

Ernest (17, Cab drive groom), born Sheffield

and Herbert (7),

plus Mary Goddard (22) servant, born Grenoside

--------------------------------------------------------

again, no idea if this helps, but at least you know he had the pub for at least 8 years

Guest nosy nellie

Thanks for your help everyone,but these names are not what I am looking for,I have my fathers birth cert with this address where he was born and my gran and grandad are listed as beer house keepers.I will keep trying.Thanks again.