Tram Movie

Guest sheffieldavisford

Hi all, im kinda new here so please forgive me if this has been posted on here before, if it hasn't im sure you'll enjoy it. Click the link.

http://s250.photobuc...&sort=ascending

Welcome to Sheffield History sheffieldavisford and thank you for posting this link to a very interesting piece of film footage.

It may have been posted before, some of our transport experts will know better than me, but I have not seen it before.

The usual tram film is the 1960 one which follows a route from Millhouses through town and out to Tinsley to be scrapped while the crew, one of which narrates the film, go on to train to work on buses. Also an excellent piece of old Sheffield tram footage.

Enjoyed watching the film, hope you will be posting more like this.

Welcome to Sheffield History sheffieldavisford and thank you for posting this link to a very interesting piece of film footage.

It may have been posted before, some of our transport experts will know better than me, but I have not seen it before.

The usual tram film is the 1960 one which follows a route from Millhouses through town and out to Tinsley to be scrapped while the crew, one of which narrates the film, go on to train to work on buses. Also an excellent piece of old Sheffield tram footage.

Enjoyed watching the film, hope you will be posting more like this.

Not sure if that particular clip has been posted before, but any way it does not matter as its an excellent film, well worth another outing.

Not sure if that particular clip has been posted before, but any way it does not matter as its an excellent film, well worth another outing.

Seems to cut off a bit prematurely at the end, - are we missing a bit.

I'll let you, madannie and the transport enthusiasts sort that one out.

Certainly a very good film, well worth watching.

Excellent piece of footage. Please post more if you can.

Some quality cars and lorries and even the occasional glimpse of some proper buses also chucked in for good measure.

Really enjoyed it

Excellent piece of footage. Please post more if you can.

Some quality cars and lorries and even the occasional glimpse of some proper buses also chucked in for good measure.

Really enjoyed it

The lorry going right to left at Hillfoot Bridge is going at a fair lick (2:08 mins) and at the same point why is the guy walking backwards

The lorry going right to left at Hillfoot Bridge is going at a fair lick

It appears that speeding has always been a problem on our roads.

Today that lorry would probably be a white van, driven by a white van man, with his stereo turned up full playing Queens "Don't stop me now"

why is the guy walking backwards

Could be any of the following

1 ) To get out of the way of that speeding lorry

2 ) John Cleese's apprentice from the Minestry of Silly Walks with a Government grant to develop his silly walk.

3 ) Middlewood mental hospital is just up the road and it was still open when the film was made, - he could be from there.

4 ) Just been kicked out of a boozer for being drunk

It appears that speeding has always been a problem on our roads.

Today that lorry would probably be a white van, driven by a white van man, with his stereo turned up full playing Queens "Don't stop me now"

Could be any of the following

1 ) To get out of the way of that speeding lorry

2 ) John Cleese's apprentice from the Minestry of Silly Walks with a Government grant to develop his silly walk.

3 ) Middlewood mental hospital is just up the road and it was still open when the film was made, - he could be from there.

4 ) Just been kicked out of a boozer for being drunk

Come you have all seen outside broadcasts on TV there's a man with a camera act daft in front of it, IT'S THE LAW of the Street

Guest sheffieldavisford

Glad to see you all liked it. If I come across any more, or lucky enough to find any more i'll post them.

Fantastic film, I have seen a lot but not this one. I often wonder if my dad was driving one of the cars when filmed. The shot of Wadsley Bridge brought memories, I was on nights and there when it was demolished with a bit of a bang, happy days. Love the over and undertaking cars and vans. Try that now ey?